Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Chocolate Seed Butter (Gluten-free, Vegan, Dairy-free, Allergen-friendly, Low sugar)
Who said CHOCOLATE cannot be considered a vegetable for sure did not try this recipe for our Chocolate Zucchini bread topped with our Healthy Crunch Chocolate Seed Butter.
So we guess enjoying this delicious vegan, gluten-free, low sugar Chocolate bread is actually considered as 1 serving of vegetables for the day and not a dessert! This recipe is easy, and a delicious way to enjoy a better for you chocolate treat that uses zucchini as the base, but don't worry you don't taste the zucchini. What you do taste is all the delicious chocolate goodness. We hope you enjoy this recipe. Happy Crunching!
- 1 ¾ cups Zucchini finely grated
- 2 Flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 5 tbsp water)
- ½ cup Coconut sugar
- ¼ cup Pure maple syrup
- ½ cup Coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Healthy Crunch Chocolate Seed Butter+ more for topping
- 1 ½ cup Gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ⅓ cup Cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flax egg ingredients together and set aside for at least 5 mins.
- Squeeze excess moisture out of the grated zucchini by dabbing with a paper towel. (You will end up with a little over 1 cup of grated zucchini once water is squeezed out.)
- In a large bowl whisk together flax eggs, coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and 1 tbsp Healthy Crunch Chocolate Seed Butter.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl combine gluten-free flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix by hand until batter is smooth.
- Stir in grated zucchini until just combined.
- Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and/or line it with parchment paper. Pour in the zucchini bread batter and spread it out evenly in the pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted in comes out clean.
- Let cool to room temperature. Top with Healthy Crunch Chocolate Seed Butter and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave a comment to let us know if you enjoyed this recipe. Please tag@healthycrunch and post a pic of you enjoying this recipe.